Thursday, February 20, 2014

What is it about me?

Day 20:  The trait I possess that most equipped me for life 
abroad and the trait I possess that held me back the most.


This is an interesting question.  One that had me thinking most of the day about what I would want to say.  Instead of delving into that now, I'll just begin.

The trait I possess that most equipped me for life abroad is a sense of adventure.  I just knew that quality of life was going to be far superior here to anything else we had experienced so far.  All you ever hear about was the work/life balance of Australians.  Being a lifelong workaholic who just happens to be married to a lifelong workaholic, this sounded so nice!  I could just imagine how different our life would be...

All you have to do is read back through past posts to realize that our life has, indeed, been very different.

The trait I possess that holds me back the most now is my lack of confidence in my life decisions.  It can be debilitating.

There's a job offer.  Do I take it?  I didn't exactly make a great decision the first time around.  I mean, I don't regret it in light of the awesome friends I made, but that's about it.  Unfortunately, I had to learn the hard way that not all people are innately good.



3 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your life decisions. I suggest trying to quiet your mind & hope your inner compass pipes up and gives you a little direction. :-) Congrats on the job offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this one is a better fit for you. I was in an unhappy job (also with amazing friends) before I came here, and it took me a long time to get confidence back up and actually remember that not all people - or, all employers, anyway - are actually innately bad. But, lots of great workplaces out there, too. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, new friends. I'm going in on Monday with positive thoughts and an open mind!

    ReplyDelete