Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I Wish That When I Started My Blog I Had ...

Day Eleven of our blogger's challenge...

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face.  For Christmas, I gifted my friend, Bee, with a girl's day out at a spa.  Now I haven't worked since January 10th.  You'd think that we would have already made our plan, but time flies when you are looking for work.  LOL

So last week we agreed to plan for today to be the day!  We had breakfast together, got hot stone massages and facials and then a late lunchy-type snack of tapas.  It was a wonderful day.  I count my blessings every day that I met Bee.

Now, before I left to meet her, I pulled up today's challenge so I could have a think on it.  And here it is:

I wish that when I started my blog I had ...

I've thought about this all day.  Here's the thing.  I'm not a writer.  I've always known this and I'm cool with it.  That was never my intention for this blog anyway.  My intention was to share with the world my experiences as an expat.  Other blogs I found before moving to Sydney really helped me by making me feel like I wasn't alone.  Also, I wanted a way to share everything with my family and friends.  My blog has morphed a bit into sharing my quilting (not enough of this) and sharing my feelings (probs way too much of this).

So honestly, there's nothing I would change.  My blog is exactly what I've always wanted it to be.  Yeah, I should write more.  And I should probably try to figure out how to improve how my blog looks, but really quite happy.


P.S.  If anyone knows how I can add different fonts to my blog, that would be nice.  I use a MacBook Air and have no idea what or where my CSS files are or whatever.  LOL


5 comments:

  1. You can change the font by going to Design on the top left. Then click on "Layout," and follow the link for "Template Designer." Choose "Advanced."
    (I promise I didn't just know that. I had to click through a bit, but remembered doing it at some point, so knew it could be done!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that you have no regrets. I'm not sure that possibility has ever crossed my mind with any area of my life :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-Hoo!! You have no idea about my regrets! I just don't have any with this blog because I didn't have much expectation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, now I want to change my font. ;-) I think I am too easily influenced.

    ReplyDelete