Sunday, June 3, 2012

Singapore Orchids

On yesterday...
a.k.a.  Saturday, 02 June 2012
a.k.a.  day one of gloomy, rainy, overcast weekend
a.k.a.  self-imposed last day to find a laundry basket


Mr. Smith and I headed out to Chatswood to purchase the aforementioned laundry basket.  For those of you in the know... our old laundry basket (built by Mr. Smith's own two hands) was simply too large for our current abode.  And although it survived the boat trip over from the states, it needed a bit of repair.  So we decided to donate it to Salvos and buy a new, smaller one.  We did find one we both agreed on (a miracle in itself!) and it was on sale.  BONUS!


On our way back home, an arrangement of flowers practically jumped into my view and made me stop in my tracks.  Take a gander:




Mr. Smith suggested that I buy the arrangement, so I did.  Thankfully it was only $20 because there was no price posted and bouquets of flowers can be pretty pricey here.  So I asked the shopkeeper what type of flowers these are.  She says they are Singapore orchids.  Absolutely gorgeous!  Enjoy mine or get your own.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment