Friday, February 3, 2012

Rude People Suck

Yeah. Great bumper sticker. But when you actually encounter one of these people, it just sucks the life out of you. I'm from the South. We're pretty much congenial to a fault. So imagine my culture shock when I moved to the East coast. We've lived here over 10 years now and it still never ceases to amaze me. Case in point... I'm  working on a project at the office that would be somewhat enjoyable anywhere else in the free world. I'm attempting to call customers to get owner/manager name(s) and email address. First call - no problems. The customer was very easygoing and the call was over in less than two minutes. Second call - on the phone for at least five minutes trying to explain why we might need this information all in one place and then getting told off for not using some process of osmosis to determine the answers. I hang up imagining how miserable this person must be in general. Then I move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment