Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Moving Day #1

The movers showed up at 8:05am.  I was really hoping for 9am, but I was denied my wish.  Three guys.  I'm terrible at remembering names, so I have no idea.  Don't ask.  I walked them around the whole house explaining what was going with us, what could wait til the end if there was not enough room.  They looked at me like I was crazy, "What size container are you filling???"  And it feels like we've sold 3/4 of our belongings.  I can't believe that they still think we have too much stuff.  We're just going to have to wait and see when they start packing the container tomorrow.  I asked if I could do anything to help.  Nope.  Just sit here and watch or play on the computer or my phone or whatever.  Can't watch TV.  They're already disconnected.  Jim asked me last night if I wanted to disconnect the WiFi.  Thank goodness I said no.  There's only so many times I can read the Reader's Digest.  I've already had two cups of coffee.  Any more and you might as well turn me into a coffee bean.  I "broke the law" and took all the magnets off the refrigerator...

It's actually pretty interesting to watch them pack up the stuff.  Because their company is liable for damages, they wrap EVERYTHING.  If Jim and I were packing our own stuff, it would never be this thorough.  LOL

They just asked if I minded if they mixed the kitchen stuff with the dining room stuff.  Hey, if it gets more stuff in the container, go for it.  I feel like I'm just rambling and I'd really like for you to return and read more of the blog, so I'll quit for now.  Sure could go for an egg and cheese wrap.  Mmmmm...

2 comments:

  1. hi....I hope you can come back one more time to Zumba to say goodbye....If Not, I wish you nothing but the best. Please e-mail/blog when you get there to keep in touch......

    ReplyDelete