Monday, March 26, 2012

Lovely Day in My Life

Didn't think you'd see a title like that, right?  LOL - sorry about the depressing stuff lately.  But hey, it's my life right now.  I'm working through it.


So this morning I awoke at 6am.  I find that I like to get up a little early so that I can take my time easing into the day.  I made a cup of Creamy Chocolate Caramel coffee (Kate/Mark/Kristie - it's not Chocolate Truffle, but it's absolutely delish) and turned on my computer.  I turned on a morning show called Breakfast and got started on Cafe World.  Once that was done, I brushed my teeth and took a shower.  I've been wearing a lot of dresses lately.  It's warm out and I've found that it's quite comfortable to wear dresses to the office most days.  There is no dress code in the office and as you all know, I quite like that.  It's nice to have the option.  My work hours are 9a-6p with an hour for lunch every day.  So I left the apartment at 8am because I am going to try to walk to work and back home every day.  At least as long as it's not raining.  I stopped at Starbucks on the way so that I'd have coffee in the office.  I arrived at work at precisely 8:50am.  So that wasn't too bad. A 45-minute walk.  Hopefully by doing that twice a day (most days) I can lose some weight.  I've been doing so much stress eating in the past couple of months that I'm scared of when my scale arrives.


So the day went along fine.  I went to lunch by myself today.  I would have met Jim for lunch (we work about 5 minutes from each other), but he was in Melbourne for the day so it was just me.  I found a lunch spot where there was a guy with a pile of rotisseried chickens.  There are many options of what he can do with said chickens, but I opted for him just taking the meat off the bones (skin and all) and just slapped on a little roll with a bit of cheese.  It was only like AU$7.50 and it was scrumptious!!!  I will definitely go back there.  That's like half the price of all the other stuff I've been eating for lunch.  But no complaining on that front either.  At least I know how to place an "Yvette" order in Japanese/Korean/Chinese eateries.  :)  Very important.


I left work a little late today - about 6:15pm.  Not a big deal except that I had to get some saline at Priceline and they close at 7pm.  I got over there in plenty of time and was on my way home.  I decided that since I'd left work late and then had to walk over to George to get saline, I wanted to take the ferry home.  When I get off the ferry, I'm less than a 5 minute walk from the apartment.  Besides, I'd never take the ferry to Kirribilli before.  So I took the ferry.  It was so nice.  I sat outside.  The ferry pulled away from the dock and turned around so that you watch the Sydney skyline easing away from you.  Then you turn slightly toward Kirribilli and glide right by the Opera House.  The ferry drops you off on a platform that jetties out from the rocks.  It was a very peaceful day.  I love Jim, but I really like being by myself sometimes.  I don't feel any pressure to meet someone else's expectations.  I can just be me and I can change my mind if I want or I can take my time making a decision.  It's nice.


I got home and did the dishes and started some laundry.  Then I got on my computer and worked in my Cafe.  Full circle.  :)


Jim texted me to let me know when he would be home and we made a date for lunch tomorrow.  Right now... at this very moment...  life is good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad things are getting better - nice post! I like the ferry ride! What is Cafe World? a game?

    ReplyDelete