Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day Before Easter

We went back to Chatswood Mall today.  Basically to look at more toasters and to get my new iPhone 4.  Couldn't happen soon enough.  I'll be able to make videos to post and I can Skype, too.  I also want to get an international plan added to our home phone.  I thought that the plan would only include calls to landlines in the States, but now I realize that it's two cents a minute to any phone in the US.  So, I'm excited that we'll be able to make reasonably priced calls.  First some pics:


This is the train station display that tells you when the next train is due to depart the station and also where the train is going, i.e. the stops that the train is making.  We were departing from Milsons Point and we were going to Chatswood.

We are standing at the train station and looking back toward the Harbor Bridge.


We had lunch at KFC because J kept seeing this commercial on TV for a wrap called a Kebob.  He enjoyed it. I got a 3 piece hot wing and something called a Nacho Cheese Roller. It was basically little chicken balls with cheese and sweet chilli sauce.  I really enjoyed my lunch, too.

I just had to share this toaster. Yep... it's AU$149.00. I don't know if you can read the top, but there are settings for "Toast/Cancel," "A Bit More," "Crumpet," "Defrost" and "Lift/Have a Look."  Pretty cute, but pretty expensive. We are having a hard time finding a toaster we want. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up spending about AU$100 on a toaster. The one we both really like is about AU$125.  LOL!


So we came back home after NOT yet picking out a toaster.  We plan to go back to Chatswood on Monday because I have to pick up my new iPhone.  I couldn't get it today because I want to keep my same phone number and over here it takes them 24-48 hours to release a phone number and then pick it up on another phone.  Everything here moves sooooo slowly.  We still don't have internet at our apartment.  We had to get a mobile WiFi to be able to use the Internet.  And the problem with that is that only one of us can use it at a time.  Which means that I get internet and J has to wait until I'm done.  He has way more patience than I do.  Plus, I'm way more selfish.


Anyhoo, we are also planning to watch The Hunger Games when we go back to Chatswood on Monday.  I can't wait.  I've been reading the books.  I'm on the second one.  Anyone else reading them?

No comments:

Post a Comment