Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Melbourne Cup 2012

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 = my very first Melbourne Cup!

The Melbourne Cup is a horse race.  If you live in the state of Victoria, it's a holiday and you don't have to work.  If you live anywhere else (well, Sydney, at least... okay, maybe only Komli), you have a BBQ on the balcony at work and have an awesome day!

Americain was favored to win, but didn't.  Of course, I put money on Americain and lost my $50.  LOL!  But it was all in good fun.  My friend, Belinda, told me over and over that I would have to dress up and wear a hat.  Most girls wear what's called a fascinator.  I didn't know what they were called before my first Cup, but once you see us wearing them, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Of course, I'm going to attach my photos, but there will be three videos at the end, so go grab some popcorn and beer!

First pic of the morning!

Belinda in her fascinator

Me in my fascinator

Girls and their shoes!

Frances in her fascinator



Tracy :)

Declan and Tracy


Yep...  the food!

And plenty of beverages...


Tas and Deanna

Dan, the rock star

Declan

Nicki and Hazel




Chris, Hazel and Declan

Shiplu, Deanna and Paul


Phoebe and Hazel

I tried the panorama option on my iPhone



Poor Chris.  He lets us girls do crazy stuff to him!

Our view at work...  I know, it's a tough gig.


These guys serenaded us from down below.








Love this pic!

Betting on the horsies!



Hazel won first prize in the office pool

Paul won second prize in the office pool

And Chris won third prize!

Dan is trying on the ladies' shoes.
Okay... the alcohol was flowing!!!











1 comment: