Monday, December 30, 2013

Our New Zealand Vacation: Day One

Day One:  Saturday, 21 December 2013


We spent the morning at home finishing up the laundry.  I knew that I would have plenty of wash to do when we returned, so my goal was to have everything clean before we left.  The only thing I didn't have time for were the sheets...

We had lunch in Crow's Nest at The Stoned Crow.  It's one of our favourite places to eat near home.

We took a taxi to the airport at 3pm.  While waiting for our flight, I had a coffee.  I always like to have a coffee at the airport and Mr. Smith knows this.  He's already heading for a coffee shop after security.

QF163 departing Sydney @ 17:30 and arriving Wellington @ 22:45

We paid extra for the exit row on the plane.  When it's available, it's always the best option for us.  Mr. Smith is 6'4" tall and in normal coach seats, his knees are in his chin.  Luckily, it was an option.  And there was no one in the third seat, so we were able to spread out a bit.

Dinner was provided by Qantas.  I had the cottage pie and Mr. Smith had the chicken and rice (just in case I did not like cottage pie).  Have I mentioned that I married the most thoughtful man on the planet?  I know that we bicker, but I love him to bits and pieces.  He always puts my needs before his own.

The taxi from the airport to our hotel was NZD $45.

We stayed at the Hotel Novotel Wellington at 133-137 The Terrace.  The room was AUD $139.85 per night.

No comments:

Post a Comment