Monday, June 11, 2012

Rainy Long Weekend

The weekend started off beautifully.  Mr. Smith and I invited friends over for brunch.  We prepared French toast with cinnamon, powdered sugar and syrup.  We had scrambled eggs and some lovely bacon.  There was fruit, fruit juices and Finding Nemo.  :)


I'm pretty sure everyone got enough to eat and, as far as I can tell, no one has died yet.  That's a concern lately because I'm out of practice when it comes to cooking.  I did make a pretty awesome lasagna a couple of weeks ago, but it was very liquid-y for some reason that I still cannot figure out.  But it tasted awesome.  My mom always told me that that was more important.  As long as it tastes good, who cares what it looks like.


But I digress.  After our friends left, Mr. Smith was dying to get out of the house.  So we went down to the park for a little frisbee throwing.  My spell check just told me that I spelled frisbee wrong.  There it goes again. That's the only way I know how to spell it.  Maybe it wants me to capitalize it.  Hold on.  "Where is my Frisbee?"  Aha!  That did it.  Apparently you are supposed to capitalize Frisbee.  Now you've learned something today.  :)


After a bit of tossing around the ole Frisbee, we sat on a bench and watched other people exercising their dogs.  It was nice.


Yesterday we risked melting and went to the Kirribilli markets.  It looked like it was going to pour raining any minute.  So we ate fish and chips, walked around the markets (I bought two pairs of earrings!) and then went back home.  We were only out about two hours.  Not long after, the heavens opened up and it started to pour rain.  It hasn't stopped since.


Mr. Smith had plans to see Prometheus today and we decided not to let the rain keep us from it.  We took the train to Chatswood.  It was raining, but not too bad.  At least the rain wasn't coming at us sideways or anything.  We had lunch at a Mexican place.  I had the nachos.  They weren't bad, but I think I've outgrown nachos for lunch.  Really should just be a snack.  I think I'll have the savory crepes next time.  Mr. Smith had a burrito, but I got the feeling he didn't enjoy it very much.  Plus, he said it was cold even though they did heat it up.  Not sure what he'll try next time.


So we made our way to the theatre.  I had been thinking about movie theatre popcorn since we made plans to go, so I was pretty excited.  We got to the concession stand, which they call simply the candy shop.  I ordered a small popcorn with extra butter (which everyone knows doesn't count if you get it AT the movie theatre).  The girl at the counter tells me that they don't add extra butter and besides, "There's already plenty of butter and salt on it."  Okay... schooled by a teenage concession stand girl.  LOL!  No, I suppose I don't NEED extra butter, but I want it okay?  And for the record... the popcorn pretty much sucked and could have definitely used some liquid fortification in the form of artery-clogging fake butter.  :)


Anyhoo, Prometheus was a good movie.  I won't ruin it for you, but just know that if you're going to watch it you're going to need to suspend disbelief.  A lot of it.  But it was entertaining and isn't that what it's all about?


So it's still raining and it's supposed to continue to rain for the next couple of days.  I guess I need to recognize that in Sydney during the winter it rains quite a bit.  So I'm going to Zumba tomorrow night no matter what.  Last Tuesday sucked rocks, but tomorrow will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment