Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Entitled, Rich, White Boy Problems

I came across this story on Facebook today.  A Stanford swimmer (their description) was found guilty of raping an unconscious woman.  My choice for best article about this incident can be found by clicking here.



Even though he was found guilty, he has never admitted guilt.  Only says that he ruined his life by drinking too much.  The article found above, which I hope you will read, pinpoints exactly what is wrong with this country.

This is not the type of thing I thought I would be writing about on my blog when I started out.  But I find myself getting so angry over things like this.  I don't understand how Brock Turner could have been given a sentence of only SIX MONTHS for his crimes.  And people question WHY women don't want to come forward after sexual attacks?

The victim basically had to get victimized over and over, finally won a conviction and was pretty much slapped in the face.  This pisses me off.

Here's what she had to say about how her life is changed:  Victim's Statement

Listen, I know that her statement is long, but we have to read it.  It needs to sink in ... the shit we let privileged, rich white boys get away with in this country.

We should all be ashamed of ourselves for allowing it.  And make no mistake.  We ALL allow it by not speaking up, myself included.




No comments:

Post a Comment