Monday, January 7, 2013

Chinese Birthday Lunch

This past Saturday my good friend, Belinda, took me out for lunch for my birthday.  We went to a very nice Chinese restaurant called New Shanghai at Chatswood Chase.  Naturally, I took photos of everything.  I even got a couple of the pics that Bee took of me being nervous about the food.


This is a Dim Sim called New Shanghai crab meat Xiao Long Bao -
steamed mini crab meat & pork bun
I could eat these all day long.

This is a main called Fried garlic American pork ribs.
I thought these were good, but could use some kind of sauce.
Dare I say, BBQ sauce?  LOL

This is a main called Deep fried blue swimmer crab coated with salted egg yolk.
This pretty much cemented the fact that I'm not a crab girl.
Don't get me wrong... I like crab.  I just don't like to work so hard for so little.
The salted egg yolk coating was to die for!

Me...  taking a photo of dessert.

This is a dessert called Sesame paste dumplings in Chinese dessert rice wine soup.

Took me a while, but I finally took a bite...  and LIKED IT!
We both looked like we had dreadful oral hygiene for a while though.  LOL

As I said...  it took me a while to take that first bite and I was quite nervous.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!! It looks like a fun place to try new foods!!

    I'll try anything once!

    ReplyDelete