Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Aroma Festival

Mr. Smith and I left the apartment at about 11am this morning, headed to the Aroma Festival in the Rocks.  I took a few pictures and some video.  Hopefully everything comes out okay.  I had a bit of trouble uploading everything.  I'm not sure if Blogger is supposed to limit the content on each blog, but let's give it a go!



I'm not sure why these are called "Honey Donut Puffs."  They were just donut holes sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.  See below.

See?  Donut holes with cinnamon and sugar.  They were quite yummy.  :)

Ginger drinks are big out here.  Unfortunately, I'm not a fan.  I did try it, though.

There were so many booths with stuff to try.  Obviously, I didn't take a picture of everything.  These are just some that stood out to me.

These are good.  They are also known as "poffertjes."  Could not possibly pronounce it, but I'm happy to eat them.  You can get them in all sorts of different ways, like with fruit or ice cream.

Speaks for itself.

These just looked pretty.

I bought a gingerbread man who was pretty large, but there were larger gingerbread items as well.

My gingerbread man.





We got quite a laugh from this.  People were waiting in huge lines to ride camels.  They had to wear bike helmets.








Obviously, me with a cannon.  LOL

Same cannon, different photo.







Hopefully all these videos work properly.  I had quite a time loading them.  This last one is while Mr. Smith and I had lunch (fish and chips, of course).  The seagulls stand guard waiting for a chip to fall.  Some people give them chips, so of course, they aren't going anywhere.  Mr. Smith tells me that every time he is eating a meat pie in Circular Quay, a seagull swoops down over his shoulder and eats some of his pie.  Now he defends his food.  :)


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I don't think the videos are working. I would love to try all that stuff!!! Gingerbread are my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete